Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

Sketchbook project - can you get there today?

After Morley yesterday, I went to visit The Sketchbook Project , touring to Canada Water library this week.

What a joy. An opportunity to leaf through the 5 x 7 sketchbooks of participants from UK, the rest of Europe and Australia. Also it felt like a truly social event , with no obsessive security measures, great music playing, friendly and helpful staff. Perhaps it is because they are not hidebound by the increasingly ridiculous health and safety elements of many buildings in London these days but it felt like going back in time. Bags left all over the place as people enjoyed what they were looking at, drinks and food being taken alongside the books, no-one concerned about photographs being taken of the books or of other readers, and generally a very relaxed atmosphere.

Books were developed to set themes, but at times, my friends and I were baffled at how the themes had been interpreted by each participant. These pages caught my attention
P1000133
P1000134
P1000132
P1000125
P1000126
P1000123
P1000122
P1000120
P1000111
P1000102


Today is the last day. If your are in London, it is a short journey from Waterloo on the Jubilee Line. Well worth a visit.


3 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame. I did not know that was on. I love the bugs with what looks like old pattern papers. Have you ever done one of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I haven't done one of these, but I was sorely tempted to take part in the challenge of 2013. Last date for entry is 31st October and I think books have to be submitted by the beginning of January 2013. Too many other things on for me this year.

      Delete
  2. Oh what a shame, it looks (and sounds) great! Thanks for sharingbthe pics x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.