Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

London quilters' exhibition

London Quilters are a very talented group and they have an exhibition every year in Swiss Cottage Library, which is a very lively space, with a very good cafe inside.

Alicia Merrett has photographs of the exhibition on her blog and there is an article here about a quilt made from Gordon Brown's ties.

My favourites are shown below. I didn't get all the makers' names as the show guide was on a laminated sheet, so apologies to those concerned.
P1080399

Silk screened birch trees

P1080401

London transport symbol

P1080402

Joan Miro in quilting

P1080403

Alicia Merrett

P1080405

Marlene Cohen

P1080406

Margaret Jarvie

P1080407

Margaret Jarvie detail

P1080409

Pieced from a father's shirts

The exhibition finished yesterday and I'm very glad I made the effort to go.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, they are fab! The one by Alicia Merrett intrigued me, it looks like an ordinance survey map of a village, I think I'll ask Mr Ggogle if he knows anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would I most like to own the Alicia Merrett map or the Margaret Jarvie swirls? it's a close run thing! Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one with birch trees is by Christine Restall and "Joan Miro" is by Veronica Chambers, for the record!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.