Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Philippa Naylor workshop piece, quilting completed

Even although the sun was shining on Sunday, I stayed in to stitch.   Guilt did kick in… a bit….. but I feel I've done my bit of compulsory being outside when our sons were young.  I completed all of the stitching on the piece started at the workshop with Philippa Naylor.

Philippa Naylor workshop

I love the fact that all of the colour on this piece comes only from the threads used ( Bottomline, Superior Rainbows, Alcazar, Lunatic Fringe for the heavy couching in the central symbol).  The workshop has given me the confidence to try out much more elaborate machine quilting patterns, to use the decorative stitches on the machine for quilting, and to understand that it doesn't all have to be done in a single line - it is possible to stop and restart with new thread.  Details below,

R1033245

R1033242

R1033244

Just the binding to do now.

2 comments:

  1. And using some of the programmes stitches on the machine too. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely combination of stitches, lovely that it's being bound too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.