Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

Scallop textile, work in progress

Morley is back in full swing, so I'm tackling my design ideas based on the scallop sculpture.  Besides exploring pebble shapes and rust/ ochre/ earth tones ( more in another post), I've been extracting shapes from the sculpture.

P1080799

cutting them out in paper and auditioning these against some of last year's tray-dyed fabrics.

Photo0243 Photo0242 Photo0245 Photo0246

The aim is to use these shapes to make a silk screen, and then print the shapes on 4 tray-dyed pieces of cloth, each dyed with a different palette to represent earth, air, fire and water. I'm hoping that these don't look too much like a hood from a super-hero film, but for now I'm convinced that they don't.

Lots of potential for overlaying and stitching in to the shapes, and stitching with different colour and texture mixes as a result.That's the plan for now.

2 comments:

  1. Not super-hero at all - but gorgeous! Hope that the screen printing goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I didn't see the hood, until you told me! Look as if you'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.