Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow-dyeing

P1000518

Enough to try out snow-dyeing.  There are lots of tutorials on the web,but this one seems to be the most straightforward.  So, wrapped up like a baboushka, I slipped about on the snow last night  after work to set up two trays with two different colourways.  I modified the technique a bit by putting another layer of snow on top of the squirted dye, and left it outside overnight.  This morning, 

P1000527

a fair amount of melting, but still enough snow to justify leaving it outside today.  Whatever the results  this will be an interesting experiment.

3 comments:

  1. You too!! One of the other blogs I follow mentioned this the other day.

    There's enough here to give it a go, but I got side tracked and fed the birds instead. And then did a bit of traditional patchworking.

    Await the results with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr, but it looks like fun, look forward o the results

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh! I thought about it, then thought I should have prepared more for snow (by buying dye / trays / fabric, so went back inside and had some hot chocolate instead. Looking forward to seeing your results, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.