Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

Still transferring my affections

So,loving the transfer printing effects, but still not enamoured of the fabrics, this week it was time to try some different techniques. First up, wax resist on the paper, before painting on the dye. This beautiful petrol blue was my own mix of dyes.

P1080098

Next trying this same paper on a garish synthetic organza

P1080100

It will be good to explore some the layering effects that will be possible with this dyeing method.

P1080102

Layering detail

P1080103

Next, trying some resist with dried leaves collected last year.

P1080112

Again lovely transparent effects on this fabric.

P1080114

And to finish, a bit of a shambles, trying to use two shades of the same dye, but without enough contrast between them.


P1080104

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I Did the wax crayons and paint when I was at primary school! It still looks like fun. Seeing these last few posts reminds me that I have some batik type resist wax which washes out, and ome fabric dies. I got them from Panduro, but no instructions, maybe half term is time to try them! See you on Monday?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.