Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

Family heirlooms……..

I am not getting to any stitching, as our family support of my husband's  aunt is continuing.  A visit this week involved sorting out various items that she would no longer use, or that were too much of a reminder of her very active hobbies before her stroke.  As they say, it is an ill wind, as part of the clearing out revealed,
R1032947
R1032951
R1032953

R1032957
R1032948
which you may have identified as a centenary edition Singer Featherweight 221K1, made  in 1951, in Clydebank, about 1.5 miles from where I was born.
R1032955
It is in pristine condition, with all attachments, but has some sort of electrical fault that I will now get fixed.  It was bought by my husband's grandmother, so both I and my aunt are very excited at the thought of it being in use again.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You've even got the tray in the top of the case! She looks lovely. Hope that you enjoy having her once you've got the electrics fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deeds don't go unrewarded! Truly a legacy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.