Pages

Sunday 17 May 2009

Words - round robin


My quilting group is about to start a round robin. We take a very liberal interpretation of the round robin concept, and ask participants to set a theme and then other participants can add to it as the originator specifies. We will have 6 rounds in the round robin.




I am increasingly interested in using words in quilts and so have set the theme for my round robin as " Words, words, words.....". My starter block uses the free-piecing letter technique as demonstrated by Tonya of Lazy Gal Quilting. The word I have used is a word coined by my younger son to describe his duvet when the filling was distributed unevenly.


This is the first time I've used this technique and the liberated approach appeals to me.

1 comment:

  1. this is fabulous! I love your H and that M has so much character. These are your first free-pieced letters? You did such a great job! congrats, what a fun robin this will be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.