Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

Last Morley session, still life composition and drawing with tone

The end of my second term of drawing instruction, and I can now pick up a 2B pencil without hyperventilating.  These classes have only increased my retrospective disappointment at the standard of art teaching at my senior school.  ( At the time, I just sat there, baffled by the whole idea of getting something representative down on paper). 

This session was in two parts, the first on composition, using cut out shapes in two shades of paper to analyse pleasing and discordant placement of these shapes.

We then took some objects from around the studio, placed them in an interesting composition, and  then drew them, using only tone.  The result is below, A4 size.  Apart from  a couple of wonky lines, this is light years away from where I started this course.  Thank you Steve.




2 comments:

  1. You've captured the feeling so well - hyperventilating because you pick up a pencil. It's only a pencil but such a scary tool!! I need to find a local drawing class as good as yours. Meanwhile I'll stick to cutting and pasting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.