Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Feathers again

I feel I am starting to get somewhere with the drawing.  

Today's efforts were to practise tonal values and different line quality to express different textures.  Discussion with the tutor about the 2B pencil and the degree of shading that it is possible to get with that led to a review of how hard I was pressing on the pencil, even when I am supposedly holding lightly.  We agreed that while he would never use an HB pencil, it might be a good idea for me to try that for lighter lines and shading.  After the exercises, we then proceeded to draw either a reflective bauble, a furry toy or a feather.  Not surprisingly, I chose a goose feather.  Unfinished, but I like this.

R1033471

Unfortunate news today that the Quilt Museum in York is closing in October 2015 due to lack of funds to keep it going.

4 comments:

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.