Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Mixed stitching

I have just started a new job, so a lot of stitching has slowed down while I adjust to everything involved with that.  A couple of postcards for the birthday swap, made with hand-dyed and commercial fabrics.

P1010211

P1010212

A 5inch Dear Jane block to complete a tilt started by one of our group members who was a great quilter and who died this year after a long life.  Although I enjoyed making this in memory of her, this has fully convinced me that I will never make one of these quilts.

P1010308

Then finally, quilting of a piece of screen printed cloth, potentially to protect my laptop if the piece is large enough.  Inside is tray-dyed cloth overprinted with a photo screen that has two sections on one screen.

P1010309

Outside is Procion P painted cloth then overprinted with two different screen  stencils made from wide masking tape carved into curves with a scalpel.

P1010310

Details of quilting, so far.

P1010311

I am also taking part in this stitch-along, but there will be few photos as the final product will be a present to be revealed on the day of the 50th anniversary edition.

1 comment:

  1. the houses look great on their hills and the Dear Jane block looks amazing, but i do think one block in a lifetime is enough! the lap top fabrics look super, and it's good to see you using some if your creations! i really like the gingham effect of the curvy masking tape

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.