Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Fabric painting

I bought a copy of the new book by Deborah O’Hare of Quiltroutes. Besides showing all of her lovely journal quilts, the books gives lots of information about her fabric and stitch techniques.

As I am lacking space just now, due to imminent building work, I wanted to try her method of fabric painting, using  Dye-na-flow fabric paints. Fabric is laid out on a waterproof board, with no fabric pre-treatment. three experiments are on the go at the weekend.

20180310_144738

The initial results were paler than I wished, so I overdyed parts of the cloth with the undiluted blue.

R1039709

Much more interesting and lots to explore in future with different folding techniques, perhaps some from the book, Folding Techniques for Designers, , which has kept my fingers busy this weekend.

20180312_085005

R1039709

20180312_085016

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh I love the final results - especially with the “no fabric pre-treatment.” info- that is such a boring stage! She’s a lovely lady! Lovely to see your bacteria IRL on Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.