Pages

Sunday 15 October 2017

Sketchbook - a working object

R1039426

Regular readers will know that the term “sketchbook” is one I have very mixed feelings about.  I mistakenly used to read this as an object of beauty, with a wonderfully formed image or composition on each page. Through discussions with my art tutor, I now understand that it can be a working, dynamic object, where pages can be revisited, added to, changed and adapted.

I realise that I enjoy setting up a page and then coming back to it several weeks later when I have worked on other techniques, been to an exhibition, or viewed my photographs.  I have been doing that this week.

R1039428

R1039429

R1039430

Painted page, cut out, with inverted section and then with photograph of work by Victoria Coeln.

R1039431

R1039433

R1039432

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are really creating a thing of beauty from your 'working object' - it looks amazing! I wish that I was better disciplined at keeping one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.