Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

Small project and a large exhibition

After completing two large projects, I am clearing some small pieces to be sold or raffled at our upcoming exhibition from 23 - 25 October.

Cushion, front and back, machine quilted with two layers of wadding


















Then today to a remarkable exhibition at the Royal Academy by Ai Wei Wei.  This is bound to get huge press coverage, so I am very glad that I went before any reviews have come out.  I am hugely impressed by Ai Wei Wei's work, having seen another smaller exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park a year ago.  This is an even more powerful experience and many of the pieces will be seen as extremely provocative in their portrayal of the Chinese government.  There is an audio guide to the exhibition, but I abandoned this very quickly, preferring visual immersion only.  A fantastic way to start an autumn season of art viewing.



3 comments:

  1. I am going to bust a gut to get to the Ai Wei Wei! Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting on the cushion!
    Glad that you enjoyed the exhibition - I always like to see what you're looking at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exhibition looks great - as for the cushion, I think it has (or should have) my name on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.