….is the theme for the Contemporary Quilt Group challenge this year. I have never entered before, and as I am not doing the journals this year, have decided to have a go at this. Several notes to self already:
- read the size requirements before cutting out the piece ( 120cm x 50cm)
- read the size requirements again before planning the design
- was all applique fabrics before using, even if you think you have washed them before
- Markal paintsticks get very soggy if you leave them in the sun
- size 60 machine needles are very fragile
- Glue sticks get even more soggy that Markal paintsticks in the sun
- Applique pins are very small, and even if they are embedded in a carpet, can still damage the feet of family
- there will always, eventually be a use for tools that are bought at quilt shows
Still, getting the size wrong meant that I had a ready-made "handling piece" that needs to accompany the finished quilt.
Glimpses are here:
Paintstick stencil, this is about 8cm long
Applique pièces ready to stitch down.