Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Textures and colour

Thinking about how to get textures and pattern into my journal quilts this year, I was struck by these textures this week.

Frost on the roof of the car ( my neighbours probably thought I was mad, standing up in the passenger well to get these)

P1000588

P1000589

P1000591P1000592

Then a fortuitous find of swans' feathers near their preening area, brought home and loaded into a steel bowl.  Incredible how these shapes echo the frost patterns.

P1000598

Wet bubble wrap - an accident turned into something interesting manages to keep the temper from flaring I find.

Frost

And an explosion of yellows with the first daffodils bought this season.

P1000574

Contrasting markedly with my well-loved fuchsia pink gloves

P1000594

Too much inspiration all round, as ever.

4 comments:

  1. What is your theme this year?

    I love those frost pics! And the bubble wrap. All that lovely inspiration all around us.

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I'm attempting " Places I remember " for my theme, as I want to challenge myself with getting ideas in to more abstract textile work. As my first "place" includes red sandstone tenements, a huge park, pavement games, large Silvercross prams and my cousins, it's proving to be very challlenging.

      Delete
  2. Love the front pictures in particular! Hope that the accident wasn't too awful.....x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.