Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Fine Cell work, pop-up shop

I am a supporter of the charity Fine Cell Work who teach prisoners how to stitch. This is not part of the punishment, (as stated by members of my family) but "is a social enterprise that trains prisoners in paid, skilled, creative needlework undertaken in the long hours spent in their cells to foster hope, discipline and self-esteem"

They have a pop-up shop in central London, at which I will be helping in September. Do visit if you can, I'll be there on Tuesday mornings.
Fine Cell Work


Not much stitching going on here, too much Olympics watching.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting, was that the group that had work included in the V&A display a few years ago? It was fab!!!!

    We've been watching the Olympics far mre than ever before, last night we watched the 100m hurdle (at home, sadly, no tickets) with a couple of Aussies who actually *know* Sally Pearson, that was even more exciting

    I'm off to follow the fine cell link x x !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.