Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Design briefs – feels more like twisted knickers

I have two current design briefs, one for the Morley course and one for my local quilting group.  They are respectively, “The Olympics” and “ My local area”.  As I was unsuccessful in the bid for any Olympics tickets, and the only immediate impact on our family I see is total traffic chaos on the days of the cycling events, I’m not wildly enthusiastic about this topic.

I’m considering the architecture of the Olympics, as each one seems to bring a surge of new building.  I wish this design, Ron Arad,  was being implemented for London.

image

More inspirational is “ my local area” and I’m veering between The Sackler Crossing at Kew Gardens, by John Pawson ( lots of inspiration in these sinuous curves)

image

and the madness   of The Great River Race, an annual rowed race on the Thames that for the past few years has finished in Twickenham.

River Race 2010 033 River Race 2010 003River Race 2010 041River Race 2010 002

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll make them great successes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bridge, great lines, good luck with the projects

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.