Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Quilt as you plate

Dresden plates 002

Inspired by the technique for Dresden plates in Karin Hellaby’s book, “Sew a Row” I have made twelve 12 finned Dresden plates.  These have been machine appliqued to calico, sandwiched with batting and backing and are now ready to quilt.   I’m using the Jacqui Harvey back stitch quilting method again, details can be seen below and then I’m going to try out quilt as you go as I want to do a mix of hand and machine quilting. Hadnstitching is done with Superior Threads, “Rainbows”,  which is beautifully smooth to sew with.Dresden plates 001

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that fabric took my breath away, it is SCRUMMY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you - and lovely neat stitching too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.