Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sewing Sunday

I start quilts with a broad idea in my head, but not a full plan.  Some days it all goes the right way and Sunday was one of those days.  Even although the sun was shining, and the new raised bed in the garden was calling, the sewing machine won.  The sun streams right on to my machine in the afternoon at this time of year, so I got the best of the weather, albeit from inside.

Glimpses here , as one of these needs to be kept as a surprise.  Two tops ,each about 48  x 65 inches.

 Birds and squares 002 Birds and squares 003

Appliquéd panel, surrounded by yards of strip pieced rectangles.

Birds and squares 005 Birds and squares 006

50s vintage fabric with indigo and bright batiks.  A few very small strips of an all time favourite Laurel Burch fabric, now out of print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.