So, the sewing resolutions were,
- To always return my sewing scissors to the correct storage space – so far, so good
- To finally replace the scissors that only cut with half of the blade since I tried to cut through a pin ( accidentally) – replaced with a super sharp pair of Gingher shears
- To make a thread catcher in which to dump all pieces of thread and fabric trimmings –A4 journal quilt stitched up the sides, and voila, threadcatcher
- To finish at least one UFO before starting something else - mmmm, let’s pass on that one
- To have a few fabric postcards ready in advance – yup, see below
- To try out every stitch on my sewing machine ( 130 out of 144 to go) - 125 out of 144 to go
- To organise my threads, so I don’t spend more time searching for the right one than I do using it. - yup, customised this one to hang on the wall rather than to stand – what a transformation in storage
Not bad, for two months in to the year.
Experiments with watercolour pencils, stitched non-woven voile and hand-dyed fabric.
On the left, kimono silk, with appliquéd butterfly and overlay of a shirt collar stiffener from a new shirt. On the right, kanzashi flower petals, stitched flat, rather than kept three-dimensional.