Sunday, 25 April 2010

Bags of inspiration

We need another bag to go on our bag raffle at our exhibition, so I ran this one up. upholstery weight fabric, so no padding needed, although I added padded handles. Design challenge was to fit the lining while still maintaining the fringing at the top.

External pockets on both sides made by placing an additional piece of fabric over the top before stitching channels through both layers.

The flower is a selvedge strip, pleated then gathered and with loose threads stitched into the middle.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.