Pages

Saturday 5 December 2009

Early Christmas stitching

This is the December block from the 2009 challenge on British Quilt List ( Yahoo). Very quick to do and very effective. This is appliqued and quilted at the same time. I've added a few extra bits of quilting to the trees and a few bits of bling and sequins.

Quilted with my favourite threads, floss from Empress Mills. It does separate terribly, but with a top-stitch needle and the thread spool loose in a bowl, rather than on the spindle it is worth the effort. It has the sheen of much more expensive threads, at a fraction of the price. I was introduced to this thread at a workshop a few years ago with Leslie Morgan.

I've shown the back of this one, as I am really pleased with ow my FMQ has come on this year as a result of this challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.