Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

Sketchbook, papercutting and Brusho

My sketch booking comes in fits and starts, but I've had a bit of a run on more paper cut overlays over painted/ dyed or printed backgrounds.  Probably assisted by a new scalpel, and the discovery of some Brusho powder at Morley in the last week of term.  The scalpel will always seem easier to me than the pencil.

P1000775

P1000776

P1000777

P1000784

a postcard form Alterego fabrics.

P1000785

P1000774

A fortuitous pairing of colour mixing with nail varnish - colour awareness in so many spheres of my life now.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, funny though I think I'd choose pencil. I feel that with pencil I can keep working on an image, while stencil feels more final, we're all different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sketchbook pages. I always love cutting out too. In fact you've inspired me to go and do some cutting in my Frida sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.