Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

A break in Devon

So many bloggers show photographs of their work placed in beautiful, natural surroundings, that I was inspired by our accommodation this week to photograph an ongoing project, " Morley Moons" outdoors.
P1000195
P1000198

The weather was predictably wet, but where we were staying, had glorious views which enabled me to watch how the sky changed as I was stitching.
P1000204
P1000210
P1000211
P1000212

Lots of muddy walks, practising map-reading
P1000194

and finding some great colour studies along the way.
P1000171

There was even a sunset, but the stars had disappeared by the time we had finished dinner with friends.
P1000187

4 comments:

  1. I love that 'colour study'!! The Kemshalls would have that as printed fabric in a jiffy!

    I guess you are hand quilting the Morley Moons (or did you take your machine with you?)

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I did some machine quilting to stabilise the whole structure before we left, and I'm now hand-quilting the moons ( with Jacqui Harvey's backstitch method).

      Delete
  2. What a view, great place o sit and sew, or take photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Morley Moons, and love the photos. It sounds as though you had a really nice time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.