Pages

Friday 19 March 2021

Quilts of lockdown 1

 


I made this quilt during lockdown, loaded photos to Instagram, but did not blog about it. It was sewn completely from stash and is based on this pattern. Surprisingly straightforward to sew, and great fun choosing the placement of the tones of blue. It ended up at 102cm x 120cm, so not huge, but enough to cover a lap.

Machine quilted with straight line, walking foot quilting, in random geometric shapes.

Will I submit it to Festival of Quilts? It always seems like a bit of a cop out to submit a quilt made to someone else's pattern, but I suppose there have still been artistic decisions made in its construction.

2 comments:

  1. I had to zoom in and look at the quilting - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous creation! Beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.