Pages

Sunday 29 April 2018

How long does it take to make one?

This question is asked often by non-stitchers. I wonder if painters and sculptors are asked the same question, or is it just understood that those art forms have their own timescale, and it may take years for a piece to be considered as finished.

I am asking myself this question as I will soon return to Eigg a year after my first visit, and realise that I am still piecing the “waves” inspired by the colours of the sea there.

Placed on a re-purposed linen sheet, I hope i will finish enough arcs of the waves to finish this quilt when I come back.

Wales 2018

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful already - I'm sure that your finished item will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.