Pages

Saturday 5 June 2010

London, through a Prism

A trip to London to visit the Prism exhibition at the Mall Galleries.

I love this exhibition, particularly as it coincides with rehearsals for Trooping of the Colour, so there are always lots of incongruous instances of busby and metal clad ceremonial soldiers on huge horses surrounded by people scantily clad in their summer clothes.




I also love the way the London Eye creeps unexpectedly into London scenes.



My favourite pieces again were by Ali Brown and Rachel Gornall, with Gina Ferrari, Heather Hunter, Bea Sewell, and Charlotte Sewell coming close seconds. I did buy a piece by Ali Brown, but no photos yet.

Then to Trafalgar Square to see the latest installation on the 4th plinth - a ship in a bottle by Yinka Shonibare. Very mixed feelings about this piece as my father used to make ships in bottles, but not to this scale thank goodness.



Then a wander round "Thailand in London" wondering at the juxtaposition of lanterns and London landmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.